As we continue to monitor reports of the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to assure you that Summit CPA remains committed to delivering outstanding business and tax solutions.
During this evolving health situation, the safety and well-being of our team members, clients, and families is our main priority. We greatly care about our community and want to do our part to keep you healthy, keep our employees healthy and help minimize the spread of the virus. In that spirit, we are implementing more aggressive components of our Business Continuity Plan to assist in the containment of the coronavirus and help protect us all.
For our Summit CPA and Medical Dental Business Consultants (MDBC) clients:
Both offices are closed to outside visitors through April 17. We encourage clients to use other means available to communicate and send information at this time.
- Our professionals are available via email, phone, online meetings and video conferencing to continue to serve you.
- We highly encourage you to use our client-friendly portals for the safe and secure transfer of information. Note, there is a setup period for new users that can take up to one business day at this time.
- You may mail documents to our offices but, again, consider using our portals or asking one of our professionals to send you a link to upload files.
- If the above methods are not an option for you, the drop-off of documents is allowable currently as a last resort by appointment only to minimize contact for you and our professionals. Please directly contact your Summit CPA or MDBC professional if you must drop off.
- There will be no signing of documents on-site. Your Summit CPA or MDBC professional will electronically send documents for signature or mail required documents.
- At this time, the Treasury Secretary has issued an extended tax payment deadline but is encouraging those who can file by April 15th, 2020 to do so. Our tax professionals will continue to be as timely as possible, please understand the circumstances we are all faced with may slightly delay the turnaround on tax returns while meeting the current tax deadline. We are monitoring and watching for further details and will communicate any changes that are announced regarding notice of a tax-filing extension and additional programs designed to stimulate the economy.
All nonessential client visits are suspended through April 17. We feel that for you, your team’s and our professionals’ safety, it is best that we delay on-site visits/work at this time.
- Your Summit CPA or MDBC professional will help coordinate the handling of the needed documentation to maintain workflow as best as possible. For the transfer of documents, again, we highly encourage you to utilize our client portals.
Other Steps Being Implemented Firmwide
Other steps we are taking to help prevent the spread of the virus include minimizing the number of team members in our offices. Several of our professionals will primarily work remotely from home during this time, while others are working alternate hours, creating social distancing for those in the office. This is not new to us; Summit CPA has embraced remote and flexible schedules for years. Our information security systems ensure that our clients’ information will remain secure, even when we are working remotely. All team members are directed to stay home if they or a family member are sick. Further measures are in place should a team or family member be exposed or contract the virus.
These steps are necessary to preserve the health of our team and help curtail the spread of the virus while upholding our commitment to you, our clients. As we continue to monitor the impact of the coronavirus, we will keep you informed of further changes, including possible date changes of the above measures.
For ongoing reference, we have placed website links to resources to help navigate this situation at the bottom of this email. We will send email updates regularly as new information develops on tax payments and deadlines.
On behalf of all of Summit CPA and Medical Dental Business Consultants, thank you for your understanding and support during this challenging time. We are all in this public health situation together. We wish you, your families and your teams’ safety and good health.
COVID-19 HEALTH & SAFETY RESOURCES
SMALL BUSINESS FINANCIAL RESOURCES
OTHER FINANCIAL INFORMATION